Wednesday, June 6, 2012

One Month Post-Op


His scar is looking SO good! They told me the stitches would dissolve by 2 weeks post-op, but that has not been the case. They are coming out little by little, the inside part dissolves and then the outside dried out part falls off. It will be nice to have them gone.


There are a lot of lumps and bumps, but they'll be around for a while. They said to plan for it to take 2 years for them to dissolve. I've heard other mothers say they get more prominent as time goes on, so hopefully his hair keeps growing fast!


I never quite know how to handle things when we take him out. People often come up to him and ask his name and age and tell me how cute he is. I know that they really want to ask what happened, but they don't know how to do it. I don't know if I'm supposed to add, "By the way he had a cranial vault reconstruction." Most of the time I just answer their questions and leave them wondering. =)


We had a fun Memorial Day weekend visiting family in St.George. The pool was a favorite. It was a little chilly the first day, so he had to just watch the big kids.



He loved the pet bird! All animals get him excited. He wasn't so sure when we let it climb on his shoulder though!


Finally in the pool and loving every minute! He floated around for a long time and just couldn't get enough. We feel like we've really got our Isaac back now. He's busy, curious, cheerful, friendly, and constantly making a mess - just how we love him!


2 comments:

  1. He looks so good!! So glad you all had a good time in St. George!

    ReplyDelete