Wednesday, March 21, 2012

9 Month Appointment


Isaac went in for his 9 month well child check up on March 12, 2012. Our pediatrician told me that he thought Isaac's growth plates in his head had fused too soon. He told me that it is only corrected through surgery. He said that it is not an outpatient surgery, but that the kids recover really quickly. He said he has seen a lot more of this lately and set up an appointment for us at Primary Children's Medical Center for Tuesday the 20th.

I went home and typed "soft spot closing too soon" into Google. That's when I learned the word Craniosynostosis. I spend the next days learning all I could about it. The more I learned the more my heart sank. He had all the symptoms. I looked back at the pictures that were taken the week before and noticed the "pinched temples" that I hadn't noticed before. I also took a few other pictures to compare to what I was seeing on the internet.

It was a long week as my fears grew. By the time our appointment came both Alan and I were certain he had Sagittal Craniosynostosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment