Friday, March 23, 2012

And we wait some more...

Time went by VERY slowly today as I waited for 2:00 when I could call the doctor's office to see if they were able to do the surgery this Monday. My heart beat faster as 2:00 approached and my chest felt tight all day.

I called at 2:01. Dr.Siddiqi's secretary told me they were sorry, but it wouldn't be Monday. She said they had gotten an operating room, but that it didn't work for Dr. Riva-Cambrin, the neurosurgeon. I started crying on the phone.

After I hung up I cried for a bit, and then just felt totally calm. I haven't felt this for a while and it is really nice. I called Alan, my mom, and Alan's mom and then I took a little nap. I think my mind and emotions are glad for a break from all of this.

I know this respite is only momentary, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Five weeks seems really far away, but when you have no choice you just have to take life as it comes. It would have been nice to get it over with sooner rather than later, but it all came so fast! Now I will have time to prepare myself and our family a little more.

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you guys since I heard. Let me know if there is anything I can do-does he need a cute collection of hats for the summer? You guys are in my thoughts and prayers and hopefully the next five weeks gives you peace and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! I am planning to have him wear hats in public to help with the horrified stares. Hopefully they won't bother his scar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaac is such a sweet baby boy! We're sure thinking of you guys and praying for you. Hang in there...We love you! -Mindy and Bryan Taylor and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. We wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete