Friday, May 4, 2012

Home!


Isaac slept a lot better than I thought he would. He woke up really playful and ready to get on with life. He loved going on walks in this stroller, it helped when he was restless from not being able to get down and explore.

 


He thought taking the lid off of the puffs was so funny. He sat on my bed with me and played with toys happily for a while.


 I thought this view was pretty cute. He was darling in his hospital gown.



 Playing peek-a-boo with Grandma in the curtain.


We were anxious to get him home, it was obvious he was ready and would do much better at home. He still wasn't drinking anything from a bottle, but he was eating enough baby food that they felt it was okay. He wasn't sleeping well with all the distractions either and just needed to be out of there. About 1:30 we finally got the go ahead from Dr. Siddiqi. He said we could take him home and besides pain management there wasn't any special care that he needs. That is amazing to us but we'll take it!

As soon as we were home he immediately started crawling around and playing with toys. He's a little unsteady but just amazes us with how well he's doing. He played for a bit and then I gave him a bath to get off all that hospital gunk. After his bath I made him a bottle hoping that being at home would make the difference. We snuggled up with his blankie, just like he's used to, and he drank the whole thing! That really is amazing considering that we have been trying so hard to get him to drink anything at the hospital. There really is something to having rituals and habits that help children know what to expect and that they are safe and loved. After the bottle I laid him in his crib and he went right to sleep.



We know there will be bumps ahead but we are so grateful for how well everything has gone. Alan and I talked on the drive home about all the emotions that have been a part of this process. We both agreed that the strongest emotion has been gratitude. Gratitude for so many things in every aspect of this journey. We are loved by the Lord and he has given us evidence of that love at every point along the way.


10 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!! He looks SO GOOD! So glad you are all home sweet home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo!!!! So happy right now! He looks amazing and we are so glad that you are back home and get into a routine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being home. There is no place like home. He looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing compares to being able to go to the comfort of your own home...so glad you are home and I hope you can catch up on your sleep! It was great to see you yesterday...Isaac really looks so good! love, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you. I'm so glad he is doing better and even drank his whole bottle! I hope you slept well and that he did too. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a trooper! He is an amazing little guy!! There's no place like home:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks great! I'm so excited he's doing better AT HOME! These pictures are so precious. Thank you for letting us at such an intimate moment. Let me know if you need anything.
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks GREAT! I am so glad you got to come home! :) I hope he continues to do well and feel better. I think he looks so cute and is still sweet Isaac, just with a wider head that will help him grow up to be healthy and strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! So glad he's back home. He looks awesome. His Incision looks great too. I'm so glad you've made it to the other side! I hope everything continues to go well for him. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always thought he was a handsome kid and he still is! Let me know if I can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete